ZA

I have had my sigmoid colon removed due to diverticulitis. i had the colostomy reversal 1 july 2019. since i have issues having bowel movement, in that i do not get the urge to go and have to strain then when the bowel works its small pieces why?

Dr. Shaban Faruqui
Specializes in Gastroenterology
Plenty Fluids: It's likely to take some time before your bowel movements return to normal. Start with Physiotherapist .The sphincter muscles around the back passage can become weak as a result of surgery and when not in use. Pelvic floor exercises helps. Use a squatting position to assist in emptying bowels If possible focus on relaxing when sitting on the toilet .You may add stool softener or Miralax, Fluids

Last updated Mar 22, 2020