Los Angeles, CA

there is a broad-based disc protrusion at c6-c7 with left paracentral prominence and mild left neural foraminal stenosis. can this be causing my symptoms: pain in left shoulder area, between shoulder and spine?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Disk C6-7: Yes. Review with your team about what to do about it if anything.
Neurology 52 years experience
Referred pain: Certainly the neck issues can radiate to left shoulder and arm, but cannot exclude local shoulder problem involving rotator cuff without an exam. Do find that these kinds of problems respond well to physical therapy, but you need to discuss potential approaches with your physicians.