San Jose, CA

I was tested for hep c virus ab the scale is from 0.0 to 0.9.. my result was 0.2, normal.. but why isnt it 0.0? does this mean anything? ive never done anything to have hepatitis

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
HCV antibody: The hepatitis C virus antibody test is an enzyme immunoassay. The numerical results of EIA do not indicate the amount of antibody detected. Any result below the cut-off number for a positive result (0.9 is typical, as in your test) is totally negative. Your value of 0.2 does not show that a little bit of HCV antibody, but none at all -- a completely negative result.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 9, 2020