U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Jose, CA
A 28-year-old member asked:

Hello doctor i am male , facing problem of alopecia areata. lost some hair on scalp & mustache ( beard place ) need medicine to get rid off . thanks ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
Alopecia areata: Is usually self limited, however if you need evaluation you need to see a dermatologist, start with your primary doctor who may refer you to a specialist, good luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 15, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.