U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old male asked:

Hey i'm a final year med student, and i just noticed a patch in my beard near the angle of mandible, i've no past hx of any such issue, and no patches anywhere else on the body or scalp? what should i do? alopecia barbae or areata? thanks..

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Daniela Torres
Dr. Daniela Torresanswered
Specializes in Medicina General
Dermatologist : Hi, a dermatologist should take a look. She/ he will determine what’s causing it, maybe neither of them... doctors to should go to the doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 8, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.