San Jose, CA
A 17-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing feeling depressed (associated with: feelings of worthlessness), irritability, mood swings, sadness, headache, loss of temper, feeling anxious, apathy, hopelessness, decreased energy level, difficulty concentrating, lack of motivation, an

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 36 years experience
Seek rx: It sounds like you are definately in some distress. I would suggest you need to talk to your PCP, and also a counselor, your PCP may likely also refer you for a psychiatric evaluation . Do not delay
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 44 years experience
DEPRESSION: You are describing depressive symptoms. First have a physical exam to rule out a physical problem. Please consult with a Clinical Psychologist for psychotherapy to help you with sessions. Research indicates with psychotherapy you can change & find better coping mechanisms. If there is a biological reason you are depressed please see a Psychiatrist for medication.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

Last updated Oct 27, 2020

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.