U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 23-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing feeling depressed (quality: feelings of despair, feelings of worthlessness) . the following also describe me: feeling anxious, mood swings, sadness, irritability, difficulty concentrating, fatigue, trouble sleeping, and loss of temper.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sylvia Welsh
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Understand trigger: It would be important to know if these feelings/symptoms are new or chronic. If relatively new, a consultation with a therapist would help determine the trigger for these feelings. A current loss of a significant other? The anniversary of the death of a loved one? A significant birthday? The point is to know what this depression is related to.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 43 years experience
DEPRESSION: You are describing depressive symptoms. First have a physical exam to rule out a physical problem. Please consult with a Clinical Psychologist for psychotherapy to help you with ZOOM.com sessions. Research indicates with psychotherapy you can change & find better coping mechanisms. If there is a biological reason you are depressed please see a Psychiatrist for medication.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

Last updated Sep 30, 2020

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.