two brothers i know have a similar red, blotchy, itchy rash all over their bodies. it is not egzima (sp?) and has been there for 3 months. what is it?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
Scabies?: It may possible be skin infection such as scabies caused by a mite. This needs medical attention, diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
No idea: In order to even hazard a guess it would be essential for you to describe the "rash" in detail. History is important. Are they taking any medications or in physical contact with anything to which they may be allergic, or could this be a contact dermatitis? Many possibilities.
Uncertain: These lesions need to be visualized & a history needs to be obtained in order to make an accurate diagnosis. Sometimes lab testing or biopsy is necessary.