Endoscopy 2 mo ago. dilated 18 mm. still get food stuck sometimes. i admit i eat fast..causing problem? how long to heal after endoscopy?

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Dilation: I am not sure of the exact reason for the dilation, but in a sense dilation is not a cure. You have some process that needed to have dilation. That alleviates the problem, but does not inherently resolve it. I would focus on chewing more thoroughly and eating slower. You can talk to your doctor or your GI specialist and see if there are other therapies to consider.

Last updated Jun 15, 2019