U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old male asked:

I have flu, i cough a lot and it a bit painful when i do, my nose is also blocked, must i go and see a doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Romano
Internal Medicine 11 years experience
Flu : If you have lightheadedness, dark urine, shortness of breath, constant chest pain (not changing with a cough); or; if you have chronic health problems like HIV, diabetes, cancer, kidney disease then its times to see a doctor. Most of the time young healthy people recover from the flu by eating well, drinking extra water, and rest (but not staying in bed all day). The flu is worst on days 2 and 3
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 7, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.