San Jose, CA

I have this lump in the back of my throat thats circular and really red with a white head on it looks like a pimple almost do you know what it is?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Throat lump: Are you looking at a tonsil? If so there may be a tonsillar stone which is really some harmless hardened debris rather than a true stone. If the lump is in the middle of the throat then it would be another type of lesion. An abscess would be more symptomatic. It's best to have a throat examination by your MD or an Otolaryngologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 11, 2019