U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chicago, IL
A 57-year-old female asked:

My grandmother and mother passed from systemic scleroderma. what is the fastest way to get the diagnosis other than skin biopsy?

1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Rheumatologist: If you wish to be screened for scleroderma, I suggest that you consult a rheumatologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 3, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.