U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Brooklyn, NY
A 50-year-old male asked:

Can someone please tell me the symptoms of an enlarged spleen? my left side ribs directly under my left chest muscle have been hurting me very badly for 3 weeks now. i have been an avid weightlifter for 28 years. maybe its muscular pain? thank you.

1 doctor answer12 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 57 years experience
There may be no pai: There usually is no pain from an enlarged spleen - unless it is injured or ruptured. A CT of the chest and abdomen should answer your inquiry
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 26, 2019
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.