Los Altos, CA

I have just noticed what looks like a blood blister (or burst capillary) in the white part of my eye. i dont notice any change in my vision. i have not hit or bumped my eye. is it anything to be concerned about?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
No; however...: This is called a subconjunctival hemorrhage. While it can look frightening it is not serious and will resolve on its own. While nothing to worry about, it may indicate a deficiency of Vitamin K (found in dark leafy greens and avocado) or bioflavonoids (found in many fruits and vegetables).

Last updated Sep 21, 2020