U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

If i had exertional rhabdomyolysis last year, is it possible for me to get alcoholic induced rhabdomyolysis if i drink alcohol or beer???

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 54 years experience
Yes: If you drink in moderation, the risk is minimal. If you drink in excess, the risk increases significantly.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 22, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.