A member asked:

My father had a problem of esophageal candidiasis last year..then he recovered .now today he is again feeling symptoms of candidiasis..what to do now?

10 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Dora Chizea answered

Specializes in Anti-Aging Medicine

Comprehensive ...: Better to see PCP and have a comprehensive History, Physical, labs and appropriate Imaging studies to have exact diagnosis of what seems to be a recurrence of Symptoms. Then see the specific Specialists like Gastroenterologist or Infectious Disease Consult as the case may be.

Answered 12/10/2018



Needs work up : It is already well accepted that Candida are known to colonize the esophagus of 20% of healthy adults. Once colonization has been established, impaired cellular immunity permits invasion of the epithelial layer, such as HIV infection. Proton pump inhibitor, H2 antagonist, vagotomy , Antibiotics and corticosteroids increases the risk of Esophageal Candidaisis.

Answered 1/23/2019



Related Questions