San Jose, CA

yellow stool daily i have gerd and my gallbladder has been removed i suffer from heartburn daily i take 40mg omeprazole daily and eat a lot of breads?

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Stool color varies: The color comes from bile which is yellow/green and then is converted by bacteria to shades of brown, unless transit time is very fast. If stools are white or light tan, it may indicate a blockage of bile or a liver condition and needs evaluation. Bile helps to digest fats, so without a gall bladder, fats may not digest well, which can have a laxative effect and not allow color conversion.