Washington, DC

i now take 40 mgs of omeprazole twice daily for gerd and still get bad attacks of indigestion. when i eat it gets better. is this a normal response?

Dr. Jordan Rush
Gastroenterology 13 years experience
Check it out: If you are still having attacks despite Omeprazole 2 times per day you should make sure that the diagnosis of acid reflux is correct. You could be having non-acid reflux which would have different treatment. Alternatively esophageal movement problems may be evaluated. Talk to your doctor.
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Time to see GI: The symptoms are not improving on excellent treatment, so are either complicated or something other than what you think it is--both equal see specialist. Gastroenterologist can do exam / scope / treat.