Fargo, ND

ive had heart palpitations for a long time but i recently had one that took my breath away, made me feel super weak and dizzy. had holter monitor showed nothing, reg blood work. ive been on meds for generalized anxiety disorder, what could it be?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Palpitations: Unfortunately unless you're physically examined (nondiagnostic) or are able to obtain an EKG or wear a heart monitor at the time of palpitations, you cannot assess the nature of the heart rhythm. If no palpitations occurred a when you wore the holter monitor you should arrange to wear one for a more protected period or wear an event monitor. Panic states may simulate symptoms of cardiac dysrhythmi