U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old male asked:

I have just had an ecg and the reading says i have an inverted t-wave and a deviant axis. i am a 46 year old who does endurance cycling, and want to know if this poses any risk to me? should i go and see a cardiologist?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Harold Fields
Family Medicine 62 years experience
Waves: T he inverted T waves could be significant. HOWEVER THEY ARE OFTEN NON SPECIFIC.I would see a cardiologist as he could do further testing to exclude any problems. Good Luck

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 1, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.