San Jose, CA

i'm 30years old, and was hospitalized with an aortic dissection last month. am i going to die?

Dr. Daniel Ziegler
Emergency Medicine 30 years experience
This is serious: Aortic dissection is a life threatening condition and quite rare in a 30-year old. Details about where the dissection is (he aorta runs upward from the heart and then courses all the way down to the lower abdomen), and its specific cause help determine its prognosis. This is not a problem you can solve on the internet, only face to face with a vascular surgeon who is the provider who can fix this.