i think i might have had an aortic dissection just now and i'm terrified in tears. what should i do?

Dr. Joshua Moss
Cardiac Electrophysiology 18 years experience
Go get evaluated: An aortic dissection does not typically just happen and go away. It is a life threatening event that more typically causes excruciating, tearing pain that persists. If you are still having such pain, you should call 911 and go to an emergency room! if you had some pain that went away on its own, a dissection is much less likely -- just go get examined by a doctor.
Dr. David Fertel
Vascular Surgery 35 years experience
Go to the hosp: Aortic dissections are very painful.
Dr. Lisa Davidson
And potentially fatal. ER!
Mar 20, 2013
Dr. Creighton Wright
General Surgery 56 years experience
Get examined: Ct scan is the usual diagnostic tool. Dissection is a great mimic and can present in a variety of ways. Most are in older, hypertensive persons but no one is immune.