Wellington, FL
A 41-year-old male asked about a female:

my daughter ioanna last year had several ear infections and they say she has enlarged adenoids. when is this an issue that maybe needs them removed. we have learned that exposure to the sea and bees wax helps and it looks like it has. any thoughts?

Some basics: Head size which influences the middle ear is the most important contributor to middle ear infections. As the head grows the tendency declines. When a kid has more than 5 middle ear infections/yr or one that won't clear (90 days) considerations like tonsil/adenoid/tubes come up. Impairment of speech/language is a consideration. If the kid is stable just wait it out.