U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Newark, NJ
A 42-year-old female asked:

Transverse myelitis at 18 months. paralyzed for 4 months. developed a limp that i did not have before. i walk as if my stomach goes one way and my buttocks goes the other way. can the way i walk be corrected? i have leg and hip pain now.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Orthopedic: Start with an evaluation by an orthopedic specialist. Your spine and hip will be thoroughly evaluated. After that, treatment options such as physical therapy, back brace, exercise program,anti-inflammatory medications will be recommended.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 25, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.