Dallas, TX

36 yr old mom. confirmed arrhythmia during sleep study. nothing on holster monitor. pulse will drop from 110 to 47 and pop back up around 100 feeling as though my heart was shocked back up to that level. focalin stimulant for add. any thoughts?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Arrythmia: What was the nature of the arrythmia noted on the sleep study? Apparently no abnormalities of heart rhythm occurred while the Holter monitor was worn. It's important to document heart activity when you're symptomatic and therefore more outpatient monitoring should be done. I suspect that you have bursts of supraventricular tachycardia or intermittent runs of extrasystoles which Focalin may cause

Last updated Sep 18, 2018