GA
A male asked:

i got food poisoning a couple of days ago and notice my stool this morning was a dark green color. should i be concerned? or sign of healing after it.

Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
No: Green coloring in bowel movements is related to eating a green colored vegetable. Watch your diet or write down what you are eating. By keeping a log of your diet you will be able to see the changes with digestion. A normal BM should be brown. If you juice particularly with greens or ingest health supplements you may also notice a change in BM color. The only color worrisome is red blood.
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice 51 years experience
Fast transit time: from food poisoning in your case. Bile pigment in the stool because diarrhea moves food too quickly thorough the intestine so the intestinal bacteria can't break down the bile pigment to its normal brown color. This is temporary , change to brown when you fully recovered from the food poisoning. Take care.
Dr. Lori Lange
Dr. Lori Lange commented
Specializes in Family Medicine
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001929.htm Food poisoning is a reportable disease. If you self-diagnosed the condition I would recommend you see a local physician for correct diagnosis and treatment. If not it could return and be worse than the first encounter.
Jul 23, 2018