I have food poisoning (campylobacter) but I have been experiencing symptoms for 17 days. Recently my stool has been green in color should I be worried?

Dr. Daniela Gerard
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Yes, but:: The color of your stool is only important if it is cream-white, tarry black, currant-jelly color, or bloody. Worry because > 2 weeks is too long. If you have high fever, blood in the stool, > 8 stools per day, or not improving (17 days sounds like too long), you might consider getting antibiotics (erythromycin) and seeing a gastroenterologist to make sure there is nothing else going on.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017