Greeley, CO

I used to take 2 benadryls and melatonin to sleep, i skip that now and take 1 benadryl, how come its easier to sleep if i take less. i have allergies. i thought it would be the opposite, id sleep better before.

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 25 years experience
Sleep quality: Ideally, you would not depend on ANYTHING at all for sleep... those meds may temporarily seem to help, but in actual fact, they 'mess' with the sleep cycle. So I personally try never to take them... This may explain why you're actually doing better on less medication. The body knows what it needs to do - and better not to interfere artificially if you can help it. There's lots more on this topic
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 19, 2018