VA

Diagnosed with macular pucker in 2014 in left eye. the doctor told me it got a little bigger and that not one thing can be done to correct my vision. isnt there surgery for it? also, will my other eye get one and does blue light make it worse?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Possible surgery: Macular pucker is a condensation of the vitreous membrane atop the macula. It is variable in extent and vision change. A common precursor is trauma. Most do not progress and can be just monitored. If progressive with a lowering of vision, a retinal surgeon can do a procedure called membrane peel to get rid of it. I am guessing you are seeing an optometrist - they cannot handle this problem.

Last updated Jul 14, 2018