So I have chronic urticaria and my C U index was 38. Can this make you more sensitive to the sun?

Dr. Gary Steven
29 years experience in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma
Maybe; see allergist: People with chronic urticaria get hives randomly and spontaneously, usually NOT in response to environmental exposures. But sometimes things like warming the skin (e.g., sun exposure) can bring out hives; you just have to try it an see. High-dose antihistamines are often helpful at preventing hives, but there is an injectable medication that works well, especially with a positive CU index.
Answered on Jun 1, 2018
1