South Africa

My total cholesterol levels was 6.20, hdl 3.11 and ldl unreadable. is my good cholesterol too high? and what does unreadable cholesterol reading indicate? test was done on a cholesterol test not blood test. but had similar result previously

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Need information: about the test. Usually results are given in mg/dl and a total cholesterol of 125-200 mg/dl for somewhat over 20 is considered healthy, and ideally the HDL should be above 40 mg/dl and LDL less than 100 mg/dl. The units you use of 6.20 and 3.11 are not standard values. An unreadable level might suggest that the sample was inadequate or clotted. etc. Check the package insert of the test.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 30, 2018