hi iv had a flat beauty spot / freckle on my face all my life in the last month it has turned from brown to beige and swollen its now a red spot

Dr. Myron Arlen
63 years experience Surgical Oncology
Probable keratosis: Most nevi that transform to the malignant state do so by enlarging , usually becoming darker in pigmentation, and potentially ulcerating. For a freckle to lighten in color and become swollen can not by definition transform to a red spot. If the lesion enlarges, darkens and shows signs of peripheral inflammatory changes, bx should then be performed.
Answered on Apr 12, 2018