Azerbaijan

i am experiencing constipation.

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Constipation: hydrate yourself well, sleep well , move a lot, be active, lots of fruits and vegetables, OTC laxatives to help as needed, if that's not working, see your doctor for assessment, good luck
Pathology 44 years experience
Hypothyroidism and porphyria are two can see that get missed.
Apr 8, 2018
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab commented
Provided original answer
agree
Apr 8, 2018
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Constipation: Frequency of bowel movement varies from person to person but if you have to strain to produce hard stools, you're probably constipated. There are plenty of over-the-counter options such as PEG aka Miralax. You'll need to drink plenty of water. Consider increasing dietary fiber via whole grains plus plenty of fruits & veggies. Don't forget physical activity, too. Ask your Family Doc to review ur Rx