U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Las Vegas, NV
A 38-year-old male asked:

Would a ct w/contrast of the abdomen show blood clot in lung? i know the test shows the bottom part of my lung but is it enough to show a clot? thanks

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Kuglitsch
43 years experience
NO: no you need to image the lung and pericardium to diagnose a PE.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 21, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.