U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Maylene, AL
A 47-year-old female asked:

High d-dimer blood test 1,740-no clot per ct-scan calcified granulomas on spleen and right lung could it be sarcoid or histoplasmosis? best dr to see?

3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jana Tomsky Corvalan
Family Medicine 28 years experience
Possibly : I’d D Dimer elevated and CT negative it’s reasuring for negative pulmonary embolism . CT coincidental findings as “ granuloma “ frequently refers to old scar tissue mist likely due to past sort of infection. Sarcoidosis and parasital disease is possible ... if doubt check w PCP and possibly lung specialist . Have regular exam and prevention in PCP office .
53 years experience
D dImer still high: i agree with previous physician however the D dimer is till high hence it's imperative you have complete physical examination and in mammography and pelvic ultrasound. In the absence of the blood clot high level of D dimer is worrisome. If all above negative then request appointment with hematologist.
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Hematologist: Calcified granulomas are not an issue. Elevated d-dimer can be analyzed by a hematologist.
Last updated Dec 19, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.