I have a rotten smell coming from my nose,mucus running through my throat,told my doc he just says use texa,i dont suffer from sinus,its bad,help please,i work with customers and have to hold my breath at times and turn away to breathe,embarrassing?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Richard Zimon answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Just a thought: but you may have chronic infection of the "hidden" tonsils called the LINGUAL tonsils located on either side of the BACK OF YOUR TONGUE.... NOT to be confused by the most obvious tonsils on the sides of your pharynx which are easily visualized the LINGUAL tonsils require a small scope (or dentist's mirror) to visualize! MENTION THIS to your doctor..... Just a thought Hope it's helpful Dr Z

Answered 11/12/2020

363 views

Two possibilities: You may have a sinus/nasal passage/throat problem. As your GP has not discovered source of problem, see an ENT for in-depthevaluation. You may have a oral infection/throat problem. See your Dentist to make sure everything is healthy. Make sure to see both. I worked in Retail for many years, and can understand your concerns.

Answered 3/21/2018

363 views