Wilmington, NC

I think i have a sinus infection. i have thick dark yellow mucus from one side of my nose that smells and tastes disgusting. can't afford to go to doc?

Dr. David Jakubowicz
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 23 years experience
Afrin (oxymetazoline): Try afrin (oxymetazoline) otc for three days only and see if that helps. Do not take longer for fear of rebound rhinitis and worsening congestion.
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Sinus infection?: If you are not feeling too poorly, you may find that using saline rinses will help reduce and thin the mucus. Mucinex (guaifenesin) may be helpful as well. Ask your pharmacist. These will not cure a sinus infection, however. If you are experiencing headache/ facial pain, fever, body aches & pains then you will do best to see a doctor.

Last updated Nov 17, 2018