MD

i just woke up in the middle of the night to my throat being full of mucus. when i spit it out and tried to go back to sleep my left nostril started to burn when i breathed through it and my left eye tears up as well. i was told water, nasel sprays,neti p

Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
All connected : If you get out an anatomy picture of your head you will see that your throat, nasal passages, and eye sockets are all connected. So when you have fluid in one of those spaces it not infrequently migrates to another. So sorry but that's our anatomy. The good thing is that "colds" are time limited infections. It will get better on its own.

Last updated Nov 10, 2017