Red Bank, NJ

do i have pancreatic cancer?blood results show ca 125 is 443 ul/ml, ca 19-9 is 161.7 ul/ml, cea is 72.8 ng/ml.colonscopy & endoscopy clear. ctabdomen shows right and left adnexa lesions, enlarged lymph nodes.i am 17 years post total hysterectomy/opp

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 64 years experience
No: The markers mentioned are not tumor specific. As such they cant be use to diagnose presence of cancer. Rather they serve to monitor the situation. If a histologic diagnosis of pancreatic cancer has been made, progression in elevation of CEA or Ca-19.9 suggest failure to respond. If marker goes down then treatment is working. Liver cirrhosis can cause marked Ca 125 rise without tumor present