U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Pompano Beach, FL
A 22-year-old male asked:

Tv fell on leg and slid down shin bone. was told it was a bruised bone. now i have a hard movable lump in area that feels like scar tissue? normal?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 46 years experience
Lump: A lump secondary to trauma that is mobile is unlikely connected to bone. There has likely been damage to the tissue just under the skin, called subcutaneous fat. It often takes weeks for this to resolve. All the best.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 22, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.