ZA

I was diagnosed with mvp. i am now experiencing a dull numbness/ tingling in my left leg. this occurs mainly when i lie in bed to sleep. help?

Dr. Norma Jo Waxman
Mitral valve prolaps: It is very unlikely that your mitral valve prolapse has anything to do with the numbness and tingling in your leg. Do make sure that you move around while you sleep to avoid the neuropathy, and if it continues please go be seen by a physician for an in person exam and evaluation
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Neonatology 37 years experience
Cardio signs ?: This could be many things, from compression due to sleep position, to diabetic neuropathy, to possible cardiopulmonary disease. See a cardiologist after seeing your GP, get a full physical exam and screening blood tests to include a comprehensive metabolic panel, lipid profile, Hgb A1c, and thyroid panel, to cover the differential diagnoses...

Last updated Feb 25, 2018