I have constant pain in my leg from the titanium rod. I had it placed in 2013. My age is 62 female is this normal. My walking has become very labo red?

Dr. Julie Abbott
44 years experience in Preventive Medicine
Well, it definitely: sounds like time to return to the surgeon or another orthopedic specialist and have this evaluated. Sometimes hardware can be removed after the fracture or other bone problem heals. It is definitely not normal to be in constant pain from orthopedic hardware, and even worse that it is impeding your walking. Make an appointment. Good wishes:)
Answered on Feb 24, 2018