i fell down the stairs and hit my head at the back. there is no swelling but i do get a pain now and then. what type of doctor should i go see?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Laura Anissian
Injury to head: You could simply watch symptoms IF you have not had any loss of consciousness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, vision or hearing changes, excess fatigue, trouble staying awake. In other words, if risk of concussion is there, you should have an evaluation by a general physician, but if you did not lose consciousness or have any of above symptoms, you could continue to monitor symptoms at home.
Answered on Feb 24, 2018
Dr. Dean Giannone
ED or UCC. : I’d think your first stop would be an emergency department of urgent care center. Someplace where you can get an X-ray right away to look for any obvious injuries. After that, if all is OK but your symptoms persist, then perhaps a Neurologist or your regular doctor.
Answered on Feb 10, 2018
Dr. Richard Zimon
Start: with your Primary Care Physician....ifyou do not have one a WALK-IN Unit ...the LAST place EMERGENCY ROOM would mean a LONG WAIT... Hope this is helpful! Dr Z
Answered on Feb 24, 2018