Laredo, TX

third day of weaning off zoloft .tapering by half.taking 50 mg from 100 and feel anxious and canr stop cryingis this normal? shoyld i tapwr by 25 inst

Dr. Patricia Foster
Zoloft tapering: If your anxiety and depression or crying spells were controlled on Zoloft 100 mg/day, and now you're having non-stop crying after 3 days on 50 mg/day, the tapering is too fast or not a good idea at this time. Tell prescribing doc about these recurring symptoms. Either wait for a better time to taper dose or go much more slowly, eg. lower by 25 mg or 12.5 mg. I hope this helps.