How effective is radiation treatment for squamous cell head and neck cancer?

Dr. Tahir Ijaz
Radiation Oncology 31 years experience
Radiation an option: Radiation therapy is used quite extensively for head and neck cancers. The area covers nasopharynx, throat, tongue, lip. Sometimes radiation therapy is done by itself, and at times in combination with other modalities like surgery and/or chemotherapy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Hassan Arshad
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 17 years experience
Depends: Head and neck cancer is very complex and treatments vary depending on where it is and also what stage it is (among other things). Your head and neck cancer surgeon and radiation oncologist should be able to help you.