U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Charlotte, NC
A 35-year-old male asked:

I am experiencing genital rash. the following also describe me: dry or cracking skin and rash. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
See a doctor: There are over 100 causes of genital skin problems. Some are specific to the genital area, but most are standard skin problems that happen to involve the genital area. "Dry or cracking skin" suggest an inflammatory condition like eczema, allergy, superficial infection, and others -- no way to know without seeing it. You'll need to see a doctor or clinic in person. Good luck.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.