Henderson, NV
A male asked:

mra showed left renal 3.7 cm focus anterior upper pole left kidney. what does this mean? my urologist did not understand the term "focus"

Dr. James Lin
Here are some...: Why did you get MRA? For blood in urine or some other things? The focus could just denotes a 3.6-cm spot at anterior aspect of the upper pole of left kidney, which showed its tissue texture different from the "noraml" tissue of kidney, maybe resulting from a cyst or tumor or ,,,. If any doubt, I would personally review the films with the radiologist who did it and review the films. So, ask doctor