I had blood work done to test for a vitamin D deficiency and they made me take a urine test too. What reason did i have to do that?

48 years experience in Pathology
Who is they?: A laboratory will only do tests ordered by your doctor. Vitamin D level requires a blood sample, not urine. Your doctor may have ordered a urine examination, otherwise the laboratory would have no reason to collect urine. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine
Answered on Jan 5, 2018