Norwalk, CT

did research on supplements n came across l tyrosine and 5 htp combination for boosting mood . will a combination of these have focusing effects?

Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
Supplements: Supplements are not regulated for dosage or purity. You may or may not be getting what is labeled. So these may or may not raise your neurotransmitters that are involved with depression. Thats why they are supplements and not medications. When you speak about focus as an adult I think more about hyperactivity or ADD. The supplements you describe would not help that.