Peculiar, MO

I had a stye, i took gentamicin for 5 days and it went away. now i have a blood shot area on the white part of my eye spreading to colored part.

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Two questions: 1) The complex of symptoms you describe could be an indication of an internal inflammation termed uveitis (or iritis). You should see an ophthalmologist ASAP as this requires treatment. 2) The blood shot area is probably a sub conjunctival hemorrhage. If the vision is fine and there are no symptoms, then that is the likely diagnosis. These are benign and end without treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Ophthalmologist: I recommend that you be examined by an ophthalmologist. The bloodshot eye could be ruptured capillary and this is not a serious issue even though it looks serious. It usually resolves after a week or so. It should not affect vision or involve the pupil and should not cause eye pain. Because of these latter symptoms, I recommend that you see an ophthalmologist for evaluation and advice.
Last updated Oct 16, 2020